Something that fundamentally limits poker writing is that players have incentive to conceal their thoughts.
At the extreme, a world-class expert in a game like 2-7 lowball wouldn't want to write very much about it because they have so much specialized and valuable knowledge. There's a lot less about hold'em that isn't already out there, but I think there are still some pretty important secrets that the few who have mastered them haven't given away yet. Specifically, I think once some of the top internet players start writing books, we'll get some damn good information.
At the level of a donkey like me, there is still some aspect of this. I think I have some pretty good poker ideas, but my playing results haven't proven anything. I'm reluctant to publicly write about my best ideas, at least until I've got some good results to back me up. Also, frankly I'm kind of selfish, not wanting to write about something that gives someone else a chance to cash in on my idea before I do. Of course that arrogantly supposes that I have a valuable idea in the first place, which brings me back to wanting to test my ideas before I write about them.
Antics of a mediocre poker player
Monday, July 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
deuce to seven lowball triple draw?
SILLLLLLLLLLY!
Post a Comment