Antics of a mediocre poker player

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Multitabling Analysis Part 2

Results and Discussion of $3/6 full tables

The data here seems to show a very strong correlation between winrate and number of tables. My data is split into 2 databases.

The first was mostly before I "went pro." It includes about 13,000 hands of upswing and about 31,000 hands of slight downswing. The downswing seems to correspond fairly precisely to adding an extra table. I'm sure the upswing is enhanced by some huge good luck, and maybe the downswing is slightly running bad, but the numbers here look fairly convincing - moving from 3 to 4 tables killed me.




My second set is from the fall of 2005, when I decided to drop back down to $3/6 after some heavy losses at $10/20 and $15/30. I started out playing 4 tables (having much better success than 4 tabling in the earlier database. Maybe a sign of improvement!) and gradually moved to often playing 5 or 6.

Using either AB or AC as the uptick in the graph below, and compaing them to BD or CD for the breakeven/downswing, there is again a clear inverse relationship between BB/100 winrate and MTr multitable measure.



Here is a table summarizing the data from each set.



More discussion later.

No comments: